Sunday, December 18, 2011

No Watch No Problem

Today I woke up knowing that I wanted to go out for a long run. My running watch had  taken a beating and  it was full of condensation. In a way it was a blessing in disguise. I put the baby down for his morning nap and I took off with no sense of direction and I figured I  would go "gumping" around. I had no pressure to hit certain times. I also didn't feel the need to freak out if I'd been running for an hour and a half. I  sometimes forget that I enjoy running just for the hell of it. The crisp air. The beautiful sunshine after the rain. It hurt when I first took off and the first mile sucked. But, once I found my groove. It was zen.... I know corny. But, it really was that great today. There was no pressure to hit splits, there was no pressure to hit distance. 11 miles today. Easy peasy. The endorphin high was the best today!

No comments:

Post a Comment