Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Getting back into the swing of things

It's time for another post. It seems that after running a "big" race that there is an  after race hangover or cooling off period.  So much planning and energy has gone into the event that afterwards there is a "now what?" question floating around. I really didn't have time to focus on anything this past week. It went by in a blur with holiday parties, stiff legs, and a baby to take care of. I took most of the week off. On Friday I lifted weights at the gym and I ran 4 slow miles.  I am making a commitment to lift weights twice a week for the foreseeable future.  My upper body strength is not what it used to be and I really want to make an effort to work on my core. This will reap benefits in the running department. On Saturday and Sunday I loaded the baby up in the stroller and took him for a stroll. Yesterday I did strength training again and I ran on the treadmill.

I'm excited to plan for the 2012 racing year. I'm on a very limited shoestring budget for racing, so I won't be traveling much. I also want to get my speed and endurance up before I invest the money in running another half marathon. I am going to try to race the small low key races that are available. The local track club in my area hosts many of these races. I would also really like to find a secondhand jogging stroller. I push my son around in a Graco stroller. I'm afraid the wheels might come off if I go too fast or too far.

It's amazing how fast a year can go by. This is what I looked like one year ago.

This is what I looked like last Sunday.



I have a major pie face in this picture. Nice angle camera man. I really like how excited the guy behind me is.
I like this picture better. I think this was taken at mile 3.

The finish line yep, I'm really short.

I post these pictures as a reminder to myself, that this is how far I have come. I'm hoping to look like this by the summer time.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment