Friday, March 9, 2012

Being sick again sucks... (only one good workout to talk about)

I hate for this to be a downer post... But, this week has blown chunks.. On Monday I took a much deserved rest day. Because last Friday night I threw down 9 miles on the treadmill. On Saturday I pushed my kid for 5 miles. On Sunday I ran 6 solo, then I took my son out in the afternoon for a CVS run (4 miles round trip). We "jogged" there and back. Monday my legs were tired. On Tuesday I had to take my son to the doctor because he was sick. He had an ear infection and it is really sad to see him in pain. On Wednesday I began to feel a little worse for wear but, I was needing a  running fix. On my lunch break I ran on the treadmill for an hour.  The last half hour included a set of 8 X 400's with a two minute rest in between. It felt good to push myself hard. After my workout I knew I was feeling feverish. That night I had the chills and since then I have just felt like crap. I got the flu shot earlier this season. But it still feels like I have the flu. I have a headache that goes from light to almost migraine. I feel weak and I have little to no appetite. I feel better today than I did yesterday. I hope I can shake it off this weekend. I really miss running.

No comments:

Post a Comment