1. I have run 16 marathons. Some have been smashing successes. Some have been really downright awful!
2. I ran my first marathon when I was 20 years old.
3. I actually ran two marathons before I ran my first half marathon.
4. I got bit by a dog while running on New Year's Day in 2010. It was an Australian Heeler. I think he thought I was a sheep and he was herding me along. I always assumed it would have been a Pit Bull. I have come across Pit Bull's on three separate occasions.
5. I am a terrible sprinter. 800 meters is a sprint for me.
6. I don't want to try new things like snowboarding or water skiing for fear of hurting my running legs.
7. My favorite marathon pre race ritual is to sit in a warm bath the night before the race and drink two beers.
8. I ran the Boston Marathon to celebrate my 30th birthday. I hope to go back for my 40th birthday.
9. My favorite distance to race is the 5k. Run as fast and as hard as you can for 3 miles. Plus you can decide at the last minute to race one of these.
10. My second favorite distance is the marathon. It is such a mental race. The drawback to this distance, is the months of training and thinking about the race. Plus they are so freaking expensive!