Thursday, August 7, 2014

I'm self-conscious about my writing, yet I still feel compelled to share my thoughts with you about running.

When I'm out running I sometimes get some really great ideas for blog posts.  But, when I get back to my computer to try to get it translate into a coherent blog post it is pretty tough.  I also wonder if you guys really want to hear about the sights and sounds of my six miler?

I'm a pretty impulsive person.  I usually get a haircut the same day I decide that I need one.  I will never book something two weeks in advance, I don't care how good the stylist is.. I also feel this way about blogging.  When I decide to write, it comes out in one big breath, I will proof read it and then I will hit publish.  Then several hours later I will come back to my blog and cringe at all of the grammatical errors.  (face palm).

I love to read and I think my reading comprehension is pretty good. I just don't feel that I can articulate my ideas so well through blogging sometimes.  That's why I tend to stay in my safe running bubble.  I have children but, I don't have the stones to be a mommy blogger.

 I like food but, I don't want to show you horrible pictures of the food that I cook.

Dutch Oven Raisin Bread, not my recipe but here's a link



I don't really know what the point of this post was, but I guess I wanted to justify or explain why some of my blog posts are  rambling or full of grammatical errors.  Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. I do the same thing when I hit publish on my blog posts. I think I've proofread them to death, and I still find errors later. And I was trained in editing! It's one of those things where the brain is tricked into seeing what you meant to write, so it misses the little mistakes. It's why an extra pair of eyes works so well in editing. So don't beat yourself up too much. (Ps, I'll hit publish on this comment, then cringe when I see what mistakes I made right here. Happens every time.)

    ReplyDelete