In a nutshell. I will not run the Rock n Roll Las Vegas Marathon until they move the race back to the morning. I can't run a PR (It's a fast course) at 4:30 in the afternoon. Plus the race is a logistical nightmare and it's really expensive. Unless competitor group wants to give me a free bib (wink, wink, nudge, nudge). I won't be registering for this marathon.
I was pretty excited to race the Hoover Dam marathon, however the course is a bit more challenging. The price was also a bit more wallet friendly compared to RNRLV. But, I have also raced through the train tunnels several times. In fact three of my last six half marathons have been run through the train tunnels.
The last time I raced through theses tunnels was at the Saints and Sinners Half Marathon last year. During the race I slipped and fell.
I'm already starting to worry about the dark tunnels and loose gravel. (Chicken shit talk, I know). I'm a klutz, but I will be so mad if I fell during a marathon. I run for time, and every second counts. There I said it!
Deja Vu MarathonI discovered this race over the weekend, and I think this might be right up my alley. It's called the
Deja Vu Marathon, and it's a 1 mile looped course run in one of my favorite areas to run at Sunset Park.
- No 16 week training schedule for me. I will currently be at 14 weeks out.
- The course will be a lot faster than the Hoover Dam Marathon. (fairly flat, with a small incline/decline)
- Morning Start at 9am
- Very cheap $75.00
- Great Race Director (She sold the Hoover Dam Marathon and five of her other races to a larger race company, she knows how to throw a race)
- If shit goes wrong, it wouldn't be too hard to make adjustments. (clothes, fuel, etc,)
- Will running a one mile loop course be a disaster?
- No big race feel (Who doesn't love an inflatable arch to run through?)
- It's Thanksgiving weekend. Should I be a jerk and plan the holiday weekend around MEEE?
So can you guys help me out? I'm pretty impulsive, but I can't really talk myself out of this marathon yet.