Monday, April 6, 2015

Because two 10's are better than one Am I right?

So my birthday run, didn't happen as planned. Life can get in the way, and in the grand scheme of things, running can wait.

I ended up running 10 miles on Saturday morning, and then again today on my lunch break.


Last weeks running updates
Monday 3/30- Two a days- Before work I did some strength training in my office gym, then at lunchtime I ran just a little over 4 miles. I ran these at recovery pace.

Tuesday 3/31-Rest- I worked through my lunch break.  I had to take me kid to the pediatrician that afternoon.
Wednesday 4/1-Ran 5 miles on my lunch break-This was a tempo progression run,  I didn't plan on it being a tempo progression run,  I ran 4 miles, and then I stopped my Garmin for the last mile, because I needed to cool down.  Here's the data
During the second mile, I had to stop in order to
cross the street safely. I didn't stop the Garmin though.


Thursday 4/2- Two miles on the treadmill, with some strength training in the office gym.

Friday-4/3-  I had been planning to run long, and I was looking forward to running at lunchtime earlier in the week.  My office work day was ending at 12pm, (we observe the Passover holiday), But, the night before, my son wasn't feeling well, and I don't want to get into all of the gory details(leave me a comment if you want to know the whole story, and I can shoot you an email)- I ended up having to take him to the Emergency room.   I erred on the side of caution, because I didn't want to underestimate how sick he was.   We were admitted and then discharged a few hours later.  He's going to be OK.  I ended up baking a cake and cuddling with the kids, and husband for the rest of the evening.

Saturday 4/4- 10.66 miles

 I wasn't sure how my weekend run was going to shake out-  But, my husband told me to "beat feet, go run 10" , almost as soon as I got the kids situated (breakfast & bathroom )  I wasn't going to turn him down,  I was so tired but, I threw on my clothes, grabbed my running belt, Garmin, phone, and a gel (great idea), and headed out for a run.  I decided to do a neighborhood loop, instead of an out and back, in case I had to come home early. My husband was on call this past weekend. I didn't eat breakfast before I left, but I ate a Banana Hammer Energy Gel, during mile 4, and it gave me a boost of energy.  Here's the data




Sunday 4/5-Rest

Monday 4/6-  10 miles..... Yeah, I really felt like running today.  The weather was shitty(windy), and somewhere in my little peanut brain, I felt cheated because I didn't get to run 10 miles on Friday.  I took my lunch break a little early and I went for it.  This route is a bit hilly and it makes for a great progression run.






I really love doing progression runs,  However I really need to remember that I'm running the risk for injury when I ramp up the pace.  My hips are feeling fine, but I think I'm getting a little plantar fasciitis in my right heel.  I only notice it when I wake up in the morning.  But, I'm going to start stretching a little more, and will try to wear shoes with more support in them when I"m not running.

Thank you for reading.


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your son is going to be all right! I hope you enjoyed your birthday, even if it didn't go quite as planned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, well happy birthday anyway!

    ReplyDelete