Wednesday, November 14, 2012

27 weeks pregnant. Not much running going on over here.

I have reached the end of the road with running. My hats off to the ladies that are able to run through out their entire pregnancy. (I'm looking at you Hungry Runner Girl)

I was so looking forward to the weather cooling off so I could workout on my lunch break. It has cooled off but,  my motivation has taken a nose dive.  I'm happy if I get to go out for a two mile walk. Most the time I will find errands to run so I don't even bother with working out. The weekends are a little better. I'm going out for walks while pushing my son in the stroller and I get exercise from chasing him around the playground at the park. 

I tried running last week and I was super uncomfortable less than a quarter mile in. I just felt so much pressure on my bladder and the last thing I want to do is piss my pants while out on a run.

This is usually my favorite time of year when it comes to running. There are tons of races and the weather is perfect. I feel kind of left out. Earlier this year I was invited to be part of a fast Ragnar team for the Las Vegas Ragnar race. I had to give up my spot when I found out I was pregnant. To be honest I'm not a real big fan of Ragnar. The idea of spending 24 hours in a smelly van and running doesn't sound fun to me. I was super jealous though when I found out that the team I was going to be on won their division.


Nice Work Sin City Balls and Dolls

The Rock n Roll Las Vegas marathon is next month. I'm excited for friends that are running. At this point I'm daydreaming about future races and running goals for the future. 
 I'm going to take the plunge next year and I'm finally going to buy a Garmin. I'm happy that they have made a watch cheap enough to meet my price point. $129.99 is just about affordable for me.  I think having a new fancy running watch will light a fire under my ass to get me motivated to run. 
Garmin Forerunner 10 GPS Monitors

4 comments:

  1. That Garmin actually looks like a decent size rather than the bulky and awkward 305 and 405 series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! A fancy watch, indeed! I cannot buy one because the numbers would begin to rule my workouts. I am happy that you're listening to your body. Walking is fabulous and refreshing. February can't come soon enough for you, I am certain! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: Does sweat collect onto the watch, causing a distasteful odour? Or can it be cleaned? I'm sure that Garmin's thought of these items, but I am curious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a nice watch, Dolly. It has the essentials including GPS in a compact package.

    I have not heard of the Las Vegas Ragnar race but I imagine the Reno-Tahoe Odyssey Relay Run is like it. The van does get smelly but what I remember most is the camaraderie and adrenaline rush from the event (you need it to get through sleep deprivation while pushing yourself). It was so much fun and I hope to do it again this year! Congrats to your team. Maybe you will give it a try next year.

    ReplyDelete